KAI CAFÉ - THE BEST IN GALWAY

By Unknown - 8:11 PM

The lively city of Galway fell smack dab in the middle of our trip. The middle of the trip always signals a lull for me - no matter where I am when it falls. You sprint out of the gates at the start, and then come mid-trip, you've gotta slow down before the blurred dash to the finish. Galway was the perfect city to slow things down. With 3 nights, 2 days, and a lack of must-see attractions, we were able to soak in the city, sunshine, array of pubs, and a plethora of tasty food.

Our first night in Galway, we met a local magazine editor who told us that Kai is THE place to eat in the city. After hearing the recommendation for the relatively-new hotspot from several others, the decision was made, we would go for lunch the following day. Kai is great in that the lunch and dinner menu change frequently. I always find places like this extra special because you know they are using fresh, seasonal ingredients to better their dishes. Lunch runs 9-15€, while a main course at dinner is 20-30€.

Not only is the food at Kai spectacular, but the atmosphere is simply perfect. I love the rustic, yet modern element: the inside out lamp shades, the water pitchers, the natural lighting, and the kitchen window. I wish everywhere put so much thought into the elements because they certainly were not overlooked.

Kai Café


Sea Road, Galway


Ireland













Chili, Tomato, Coriander, & Coconut Soup



Friendly Farmer Chicken Salad with Smashed Avocado, Black Bean Salsa, Leaves, Yogurt



Roasted Summer Vegetable Salad with 5 Mile Town Goat Curds, Toasted Pine Nuts, Leaves, Vinaigrette + Mackerel



Every city needs at least one spot like this... MMM MMM good!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I wish I had known about this on my trip to Galway! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, their dishes look delicious. I love staying somewhere without a plan... sometimes it's fun to just wandering the streets and get to know the city like a local :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! I'm so sad we missed it. Although we also had an amazing meal in Galway so it's not toooo bad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm all my foodie loves in one post! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way that place looks. Great style! And that soup makes me very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks goooooood!
    It always drives me nuts when people say that the food in Ireland (and England for that matter) isn't good. I'm like, um, where have you been for the last 15-20 years because it's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm, I'm so sad that we missed this! The food looks amazing. I always forget to take pictures of my food. I gobble it up and only remember afterward, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place has an awesome feel and the food looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete