BABA YEGA BRUNCH

By Unknown - 8:11 PM

The morning after arriving home, my mom was dead set on taking me to Baba Yega, known for serving the best brunch in Houston. I never turn down a good meal, so I was excited to see what all the hype was about. To get this out right away, it lived up. Arriving right when it opened at 9:30 am, we were able to get an amazing table in the colorful courtyard, right next to the house Blue and Yellow Macaw. The chatty parrot said things like "hello" and "pretty bird".

Baba Yega, which is named after a Slavic, witchlike character and is located in the Montrose area, is housed in an old bungalow and was later expanded to another to cater to its own popularity. The restaurant serves up all meals, but it is best for it's Sunday Brunch Buffet, which offers up an omelet station, waffle bar, sausage, ham, fruit, a selection of meats, vegetables, rice, lox, cream cheese, bagels, breads, frittata, pasta salad, and a dessert bar.  The buffet is all you can eat for $22. For drinks, Baba Yega offers $2 bellinis and mimosas, and $3.50 bloody marys.

My highlights of the buffet were definitely the waffles. The classic Belgian waffles can be fixed up traditionally, or topped with their special cinnamon brown butter and/or a bananas fosters warm waffle toping. Also, a sucker for salmon, I definitely got my fix from the lox set up.

Baba Yega


2607 Grant Street


Houston, Texas


713-522-0042























$2 mimosas or a $10 carafe (6 mimosas)



Dessert Bar



Meat Buffet



Eggs Benedict




Waffle with a bananas fosters topping and eggs from the omelet bar



What are your favorite brunch dishes?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Wohoo! You are home, and that place looks to die for. Send a mimosa my way with one of those belgium waffles... well, make that two waffles because BOTH toppings sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, I want that banana waffle! Have a great time back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy. Effing. Cow. I need to be at this place immediately. Carafe of Mimosa? I would like that to be my middle name.
    So glad you are having fun at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dessert area looks great! Since when do brunches have their own desserts? (Not that I'm complaining... in my opinion, every meal should have a dessert ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a cool place!I love brunch, the only problem with buffets is that there are always so many things that I don't eat...:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brunch looks amazing! I will have to remember that place on my next Houston trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks so good! Just looking at the pictures is making me hungry again hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh myyyyy, that looks amazing!! I want to eat ALL that food RIGHT NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmm, looks awesome. i want to take a trip just for the waffles. (yes I would do that)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh!! Hungry now!!! Enjoy Texas... and say hi to it for me... looking really forward to my trip to the States in August after 9 years of not being over there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous place! All the food looks so delicious. I definitely need to try those waffles! Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good!!! I love love love Crawfish :) If you want to eat amazing Crawfish in Germany, you have to visit the 'Hamburg Area' , St. Peter Ording is a beautiful Place up there and it has a beautiful Beach, that was even the Set for a german TV Show, a couple of Years ago! Since you love to travel, I am sure you would love it up there!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd eat all of it! France doesn't do brunch. I miss it. I miss the eggs benedict, I miss the mimosas, I miss it all.

    ReplyDelete