Confession: Just created my first Polyvore set (friend me? is that even a thing on Polyvore?). Bigger confession: I loved doing it.
I may not be a fashionita like some of my blogger friends, but I do LOVE the gift guides everyone puts out around the holidays (seriously, can't get enough, I even look at the baby themed ones and we all know that's a no go), and I have traveled a bit of Europe these last couple years. So, if you have anyone in your life about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime, maybe this can help you out. I own about 80% of these items, and the others (coin purse, luggage tag) are high on my list (note to self: how have I gone this long without a coin purse??).
Merry Christmas from your favorite traveler!
Anyone who knows me in real life pretty much knows this is my uniform. But alas,
gifts for the traveler in your life. by abuttsy
Skype Credit to call home, banks, etc in emergencies // North Face Venture Jacket it rains places and it's my #1 travel essential // Amazon Kindle app + Kindle Books // Jansport Agave makes an awesome day & weekend pack // Leroy Scarf scarves are so multifunctional these days // Silver Pave Studs packing jewelry is impractical, wear these your whole trip // North Face E-Tip Gloves even the snow can't keep us from our smart phones // Cargo for It Map Travel Journal record your favorite stops, quotes, and memories. then blog 'em // Fat Face Leather Crossbody Bag essential purse style for preventing pick pockets and ensuring long-term comfort // Skull Candy Ear Buds fit my ears perfectly and have a built in mic for Skype or FaceTime // Lacoste Coin Purse other countries actually use change, heck its even valuable and you need somewhere to store it // Flyin' Drunk luggage tag humor + practicality that I love // Waiter's Friend Corkscrew don't be caught without a way to open that cheap bottle of wine you just bought, keep one in your bag at all times (except whilst flying)
What gifts do you have in mind for the traveler in your life?

14 comments
love love love this!!! so many good ideas! love the north face jacket, and I always keep a corkscrew with me. It's just the right thing to do.
ReplyDelete"Merry Christmas from your favorite traveler!" & indeed you are; and a very Merry Christmas to you!
ReplyDeleteStay safe, warm & loving.
Miss you, proud of, and for, you.
Love always,
Daddio
Very good idea!! I am a huge fan of the Northface and probably would not survive without it since it is always quite stormy over here....
ReplyDeleteKeep warm,
regards from snowy Norddeutschland
Svenja
xx
http://svenja-happybluebird.blogspot.de
I actually have that journal - I featured it on my very first blog post!
ReplyDeleteHaha, love the luggage tag! Awesome! I need to spend some time with Polyvore too!
ReplyDeleteThose earrings are a great idea. I actually have 'travel' earrings, they are the ones I can sleep with on. Most of my everyday earrings I need to take off before I go to sleep. My fave travels gifts (to give and receive) are journals and luggage tags :)
ReplyDeleteGosh we would get along all too well... I think I've had about 4 corkscrews confiscated at airports. Don't they know I'm just being handy?
ReplyDeleteThanks dad, love you too!
ReplyDeleteI pretty much live in my North Face haha - between my winter coat and my lighter rain jacket. But whatever, they're amazing!
ReplyDeleteah too cute! Mine is just boring black leather, so I want that to be my next one!
ReplyDeletePolyvore is seriously so much fun and so easy to work, love it!
ReplyDeleteyay i love that someone else has travel earrings, they're really an essential once you realize what a pain other options can be
ReplyDeleteI never remember the corkscrew. I can't tell you how many times I've had to buy a not-so-cheap one at a drug store or somewhere else just to get my wine on.
ReplyDeleteI'm tellin' ya - me too! So handy to have on ya!
ReplyDelete