liebes Tagebuch,
I want to check in because I've missed this blog and my readers dearly.
I absolutely hate the phrase "I don't have time" because everyone is given 24 hours in a day to spend how they choose; it's just prioritized differently. Lately, Speaking Denglish has not been a priority. If I'm being honest, my priorities on the productive side are Europe Itinerary and organizing my move. On the unproductive side, well I'm a bit addicted to "The Good Wife". My Google Keep list of "Blog Post Ideas" lengthens daily, yet I cannot seem to just sit down and write about:
- my weekend in Paris catching up with my college roommate, Sterling
- a canoe trip and farewell party to my best friend and sister in Karlsruhe, Lauren
- the first weekend getaway with the Freund to Dresden
- an American-Germany World Cup match watch party
- European travel hacks
- small business and blog expense tracking
Despite my absence, I am itching to write about these spread-across-the-board topics and more.
When I rebranded, I promised myself to not write just for the sake of publishing, but rather to provide quality content. Yet, I want to tell you so badly right now that I found an apartment in Munich and I'm moving there WEDNESDAY, that my roommate is also an American also in my Master's program and I hope we can be two peas in a pod, that I'm planning a big family adventure in September, and that the Freund and I will have a big test living together for the next six weeks. Geez, I'm seriously winded just thinking about it all. Once I get moved out/in, this blog is becoming a top priority. I love what it stands for and even more, I want to record this epic summer of changes and new directions.
For now, I'm just here saying 'hallo', checking in, and checking out.

Canoeing on the Altrhein

Fabulous Paris hideaway

many trips to my new city

colorful Dresden

21 comments
Hi! I'm visiting from the link-up :)
ReplyDeleteAbout the the phrase “I don’t have time” you're right, we have 24 hours and we can schedule our time to make the best of it and accomplish our daily goals. Lately I've been scheduling everything, especially my days and weeks, and I've being more proactive that way.
Have a nice weekend and good look with the move! :D
I'm thinking about joining the Daily diaries link up, but i'm not convinced yet! Good luck with the move Alex!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to write when you're just not feeling it! A forced post is not fun to read anyway... I say write on your own time and congrats on your move!
ReplyDeleteWell your planned future post topics sound really interesting! I'll be looking forward to reading them.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've been very busy! Sometimes when real life is chaotic its difficult to use the free time to write blog posts. Watching "The Good Wife" is a good way to spend it too. :)
I am finding less and less time to post (but with good reason). But quality wins, for sure, and that's why I've just decided to cool it! Party planning and website launching is more fun anyway, sometimes!
ReplyDeleteyay! for the new apartment. i hate that term too - i don't have time. when i say it i feel like i'm being arrogant or something. but it actually totally understandable. sometimes we just have a lot of things to be done that it feels like there's no time left for anything else. i wish you have an adventurous summer time
ReplyDeletehappy to hear you have a roommate you're looking forward to! I also have a blog post ideas list that I just can't seem to tackle..
ReplyDeleteAll sounds good for the near future! Excited that you have an American roommate! That should be fun! So much to see together.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move. Munich has been on my list of places to visit for a long time.
ReplyDeleteIf you dig art, Dresden and Munich (along with Berlin of course) have wonderful museums. Munich has a lot to offer too, I'll bet you enjoy being there. Have fun, enjoy the ride, tell folks about it!~
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move! Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteIt's totally fine to take time off during a busy time! I took loads of time off during my recent move and now I've found my groove (ahah, I kind of rhymed) back again, all is good!
ReplyDeleteDon't fret about it and at least when you come back you have a TON to talk/post about ;).
Good luck with the move!!
Thank you! So surreal seeing this chapter of my German life in boxes - can't believe it.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope so - we're both very familiar with Munich and love it so I think we'll make a good team.
ReplyDeleteIt's magical!
ReplyDeleteThis summer has been less adventurous than most - less travel, more work, but hopefully it all pays off!
ReplyDeleteABSOLUTELY!
ReplyDeleteExactly. If this blog were a diary it'd be different, but since rebranding I'm really trying to post some quality stuff worth looking at, even though I do consider blogging fun, it's not so much my activity when only a little bit of free time is available.
ReplyDeleteHi Cori, thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteScheduling would be pretty helpful. My new goal is trying to accomplish something right when I wake up as I'm usually pretty slow to get started.
It's a pretty darn good link up when you just feel like saying some stuff that happened, with no real purpose whatsoever. Like this post :)
ReplyDeleteI want to know more about the Paris hideaway... we're going to Paris at the end of October and currently looking for somewhere to stay.
ReplyDelete