LIEBES TAGEBUCH: EXTENDED JET LAG + GIVEAWAY

By Unknown - 10:00 AM

This post, and all future posts of this sort, is inspired by my Fluent Denglish sponsor this month, Kate of Diaries of an Essex Girl who hosts a Daily Diaries link-up each Friday. Kate, much like myself, blogs about expat life in Germany, while also sharing some killer life and blog design tips. Daily Diaries was started to take the pressure off blogging content relative to your niche, because what's a blog if we can't record our own lives? So, Daily Diaries serves the purpose of writing things down for yourself to be recorded forever in blog history.

It's also that time of the month (no, not THAT time) - time for the monthly sponsor giveaway!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


And finally, my first diary entry.



liebes Tagebuch,


People back home often inquire about what I do all day. I don't blame them. To my friends, who mostly opted for the 9-5 career path, the concept of me working 20 hours a week, mostly in the evenings, leaves a lot of theoretical free time. While I do engage in my fair share of Netflix marathons, it's weeks like this that make me wonder if there are enough hours in the day to accomplish things AND find time to enjoy yourself (because let's get real, I do have time for one or the other).

It's hard to call your life insanity when you work part-time at a bar, but that's exactly what it feels like right now. I returned to Germany via a red-eye flight out of my hometown of Houston two weeks ago. I arrived on a Wednesday afternoon at 15:00, went to work at 18:00, and stayed there until it closed at 03:30, upon which I went drinking after with my coworkers, and arrived home at 05:30. After sleeping for the better part of Thursday, I woke up, unpacked, re-packed for my next trip, and returned back to the pub for my shift, where I was until 02:00, then returned home and went to sleep. The next morning, I boarded a bus with the Freund for a 9 hour trip to Dresden. Four days there, and another 9 hour bus trip back, well... you get the picture.

Throw itinerary busy-season and my Munich apartment hunt in the mix, along with this poor neglected blog, and it seems like I never had time to recover from my best friend's wedding, the time change, and my drinking excursions in Houston, Dresden, and here in Karlsruhe. Beyond this madness, I attended my friend's live DVD recording concert, my au pair "kid's" 18th birthday party, the weekend long beer festival at the local brewery, and fought the battle of productivity a midst a heat wave in Germany.

This first Daily Diaries entry is a bit of a cheat, as I pre-wrote it because I am actually in Munich right now viewing four apartments. Fingers-crossed, thumbs tucked, whatever you do in your country, one of these works out so the apartment hunting stress is eliminated. Regardless, I know I'll be a bit stressed up until the point I'm settled in Munich, but I know how things go and somehow they always work out.

That's enough complaining about being busy liebes Tagebuch, I'm sure things will calm down next week and I'll be back to marathoning "Orange is the New Black" season 2 and "The Good Wife", also season 2. Here are some snapshots of my week.

Meanwhile, yesterday in Germany...



My friend, Ankur, and his band, Fire on Dawson, shooting their live DVD concert.



My boss gave me three knock-off, 2010 German World Cup jerseys for the upcoming events. Although I'll be working most of the games, I'm still looking very forward to the madness, especially the Germany-US game on June 26!



Marvin was 15 when I began my au pair year. On Saturday, we celebrated his 18th birthday with some legal cocktails! How time flies...


So, friends and family, do not fret, or be too envious, I do have plenty of obligations to make sure life isn't fun 100 percent of the time ;) .


What'd you get into this week?


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Houston... Karlsruhe, Dresden... now, Munich?!?! Dang girl, you been busy! (and seemingly all over Germany) Hope you get a chance for some downtime between World Cup matches (yeah, probably not going to happen, but it's a nice thought). Between all the class cancellations I've had all week, mine looks like quite the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!!! And Germany was the hottest place in europe this last week, for sure... let's hope it cools down a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers still crossed for the apartment hunt! I hope you can find some time to watch OITNB soon! Love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you have enough fun to me! a busy life is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Expat life is never boring, is it? Especially when you work in a bar, good heavens girl, I'd give anything for your energy level :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure has been warm here in Germany. Next week is supposed to be cooler.

    ReplyDelete