STUTTGART'S BEER FESTIVAL

By Unknown - 3:35 AM

Want the German beerfest experience without the hellacious task of finding a seat at Oktoberfest? Well, you're in luck. There is actually another magical land where you people gather in traditional German tracht by the thousands, drink beer out of a Maß, and sing and dance to German party bands; it's called the Wasen.

And you can find the Wasen in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Stuttgart is pretty darn famous around these parts as it is home to two things I wouldn't mind driving: Mercedes-Benz and Porsche. Stuttgart is also home to the Cannstatter Wasen, a large festival ground that hosts two well-known, multi-week festivals: the Cannstatter Volkfest in the fall and the Stuttgarter Frühlingsfest in the spring. The Wasen may be outside of Bavaria, but they still know how to throw a pretty grand Bavarian-style party.

Sunday morning, we slept in, attempted to recover, had a beerfest breakfast, and gathered up the crew, hopped on a train, and headed to the Wasen for round two of my birthday celebration.





























And if you're really ahead of the game, you can make a reservation at the Canstatter Volkfest (fall) or Stuttgarter Frühlingsfest (spring). This can be done through the individual tents themselves (same goes for Oktoberfest). Our reservation with Grandls Hofbräu Festzelt was easily executed online here. For Frühlingsfest, I merely had to prepay everyone a beer and half a roast chicken. The chicken voucher, beer token, and entrance wristbands were then sent to me in the mail, simple as that! But don't fret, no reservation necessary for the Frühlingsfest or the Volksfest. If you want to go with a large group on the weekend though, I suggest a reservation or arriving early.


Would you like to party in a German beer tent?


The 2013 Stuttgarter Frühlingsfest will continue through May 12th.


More on the world-famous German beer festivals here.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. That looks like so much fun!!! I've been to Stuttgart plenty of times, since some of my Family used to live there and I always loved it ... The Accent Stuttgarter have is very special haha :)

    Have a wonderful Day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is just plain awesome. I have heard that Oktoberfest is just pure madness and you can never find a table but I have always wanted to go. Now i have some options. I need to check this out. so fun. jealous of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome time! I definitely think that is the perfect way to spend your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, this is amazing. I want to go to there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been there, only to the Oktoberfest but it definitely is a lot of fun! Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks like so much fun! Your pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I have always wanted to go to a German beer festival and pretty disappointed that after living in Europe this long I still haven't made it over there. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Canstatter Wasen... I got kicked out of a tent there. Good times :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been on weekends four times and always found a table... but I also got there WAY too early in the morning for a beer. ;) and move to Europe. Please. Please. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT! Get to planning lady - it is just a MUST & a guaranteed good time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wellll, we took our own alcohol to drink on the train, and because we got there so early nothing was open yet and we just wandered on to the site without our bags being chekced. My friends thought it would be a good idea to buy (and drink) one beer then keep filling the glass with what we had with us... despite the fact that it was BRIGHT RED and sooo obviously not beer! It was also awful stuff, but they poured some into my beer anyway. Then we all got kicked out. We came back about two hours later though, after walking around a bit and eating half a chicken each. By that time nobody remembered kicking us out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. PAhahaha just awesome - glad yall were able to get back in!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regensburg has its own beerfest twice a year. The May part, MaiDult, starts this week, and it runs May 9 to 26.

    http://www.regensburg.de/de/regensburger-dult/70810

    ReplyDelete
  14. I meant to also say, "you should visit" but I got click-happy and early posted.

    ReplyDelete